With Jake Burton’s passing this past November, the snowboarding community lost a greatest champion. Jake influenced our lives in so many ways, not only pioneering a sport that brings us so much joy, but he has also given us a whole snowboarding lifestyle, community & family.
Burton has decided to do something all together, on a huge, global level, on Friday, 13th March 2020. The aim is to come together to honor the memory and legacy of Jake Burton Carpenter by doing what he loved most— snowboard. It’s a day for the snowboard community to remember, reflect and ride.
We are stoked that our home resort of Avoriaz is one of thirteen resorts globally who will be offering FREE lift passes to snowboarders on 13th March! This will be the first time resorts have opened their slopes, for free, to snowboarders.
To register with Avoriaz for a free ski pass, head to adayforjake.com. If you already have a Portes du Soleil season pass then it is still worth registering to reserve your promo armband and sticker pack which can be picked up in Avoriaz on the day.
More information about the day
The free Avoriaz ski pass covers the snowpark and stash areas with access to the following lifts:
Here is the full list of resorts around the world offering free ski passes on 13th March 2020:
• Boyne Mountain, Michigan, USA
• Summit at Snoqualmie, Washington, USA
• Big Sky Resort, Montana, USA
• Avoriaz, France, Europe
• Absolut Park, Flachauwinkl, Austria, Europe
• Copper Mountain/Woodward Copper, Colorado, USA
• Boreal/Woodward Tahoe, California, USA
• LAAX, Switzerland, Europe
• Cypress Mountain, Vancouver, Canada
• Stratton Mountain, Vermont, USA
• Bear Mountain, California, USA
• Madonna Di Campiglio, Italy, Europe
• Seki Onsen Resort, Nigata,
Thank you Jake for everything you have given us.