Freestyle Snowboard Course
Freestyle Snowboard Course
22nd – 26th January 2018 / 26th Feb – 2nd March 2018
This 5 day course is specifically aimed at intermediate & advanced level riders looking to progress their freestyle skills & style.
You will learn the basic principles and techniques of airtime, spinning, carving pipe walls & flat land tricks.
Already got the basics down! Ready to develop your freestyle further! Are you looking to make 360’s and 540’s, to push your technical rail tricks or to step up to bigger kickers?
Whatever your freestyle goals, our instructors will ensure you develop the technical skills to reach them.
Avoriaz is considered a hub of European snowboarding and has 5 snowparks, including the Burton Stash and a superpipe. There are a further 8 parks across the rest of the Portes du Soleil.
Check out more info on them here: Portes du Soleil snowparks
Day 1: Freestyle techniques including stance, speed, pop & landing and using these to ollie, air, shifty & grab.
Day 2: You will learn the fundamentals of buttering and build up to some tricks on the slopes. Take these new skills to the Burton Stash in Avoriaz, where you will learn to style them out.
Day 3: How to spin; from small hits on the side of the piste to bigger kickers in the snowparks.
Day 4: Jib day on rails & boxes – learning the techniques to master different jib tricks from basic skills through to linked tricks.
Day 5: Ride the Avoriaz superpipe – you will learn the core skills required to ride halfpipe and how to land tricks such as hand plants.
Travelling alone? Not a problem! Our snowboard courses are designed with solo-travellers in mind. They are a great way to progress your snowboarding, learning in a small group with others of the same level… and you will end the week with a bunch of new snowboard friends!
- Group size: Max 6 (Min 4)
- Price: 5 full days (5 x 6hrs) = 635€
- Requirements: This camp suits anyone who is a solid red run rider or above, either with or without previous freestyle experience
- Picture gallery: Photos from recent Freestyle Snowboard Courses
- Extra info: Check here for any extra info you require on the Mint Snowboard Camps
- Accommodation: An exclusive Morzine accommodation package has been organised to go with this course.
- 5 days on snow coaching with fully qualified BASI ISTD (or equivalent) snowboard instructor (6hrs / day)
- Video coaching to help analyse your riding and understand how to make appropriate changes
- Goodie Bag
"Thanks for a great week on the Freestyle Course. Ander was excellent, he really guided us well through progressive steps and has shown us great technique for us to continue progressing. To top it off, he helped me reach my goals landing front and backside 360's!"Euan