Backcountry Snowboard Course
Backcountry Snowboard Course
16th – 20th January 2017
The Backcountry Course is for advanced level riders looking to explore the more challenging terrain the Portes du Soleil has to offer.
This course is fast paced and will take you to secret powder spots, tight tree lines, and steep, lesser known couloirs. The aim is to pack in as much riding as possible with a combination of lift accessed routes and hiking out to adventurous backcountry lines. We will ride a different area of the Portes du Soleil each day, depending on snow conditions.
The aim of this course is to get you out riding exciting lines far away from the piste, however the course will also further develop your technical riding and teach you how to choose the line of descent and how to access it safely.
This course is run by David Gladwin, one of only a handful of professional snowboard instructors to hold the BASI Level 4 ISTD, French Carte Pro as well as the UIAGM Mountain Guide qualification. Dave has the qualifications, knowledge and experience to take you further, deeper and steeper than pretty much anyone else in the world.
For those less advanced riders wanting a weeks off piste riding in the Portes du Soleil, try our Off Piste Freeride course.
Day 1: Warm up day with a refresher of avalanche & mountain safety skills
Day 2: Backcountry riding
Day 3: Backcountry riding
Day 4: Backcountry riding
Day 5: Backcountry riding
Travelling alone? Not a problem! Our snowboard courses are designed with solo-travellers in mind. They are a great way to progress your snowboarding, learning in a small group with others of the same level… and you will end the week with a bunch of new snowboard friends!
- Group size: Max 6 (Min 4)
- Price: 5 full days (5 x 6hrs) = 710€
- Requirements: Experienced / advanced rider who is confident in all conditions and has off piste & powder experience. A good level of fitness is required. Ideal for riders who have been on our Off-Piste Freeride week or with previous backcountry snowboard experience.
- Picture gallery: Photos from recent Backcountry Snowboarding Courses
- Extra info: Check here for any extra info you require on the Mint Snowboard Courses
- Accommodation: Check here for our special Morzine accommodation options
- Review: Independent review of MINT Snowboarding Backcountry Course in the Portes Du Soleil
- 5 full days on snow coaching with fully qualified BASI ISTD Snowboard instructor / UIAGM Aspirant Guide (5 x 6hrs)
- Video coaching to help analyse your riding and understand how to make appropriate changes
- Avalanche awareness, search & rescue training
- Free Goodie Bag
*Safety equipment (transceiver, shovel & probe) is required.
"What a great week! Great riding, great banter, progression, fear, sweat, combat wounds, tree hugging and most importantly powder run after powder run!