Backcountry Powder Safari
Backcountry Powder Safari
6th – 10th February 2017
Get ready to be excited! This winter MINT Snowboarding want to take you on a backcountry powder chasing safari to the most epic lines around Chamonix, Verbier and Courmayeur. Its time to seek out backcountry descents to carve peaks, tear up steep couloirs and charge colossal drops.
Your guide will use their knowledge and that of their network of local scouts to assess all three areas and determine the very best powder zones for each day, and then get you there. To ensure that you get the freshest snow and the first lines you and your guide will be based out of Chamonix for the duration of the week.
Don’t be afraid of early starts, that’s how you get the freshies!
This course is run by David Gladwin, one of only a handful of professional snowboard instructors to hold the BASI Level 4 ISTD, French Carte Pro and Aspirant UIAGM Mountain Guide qualification. Dave has the qualifications, knowledge and experience to take you further, deeper and steeper than pretty much anyone else in the world.
Does this sound epic but you want to explore the backcountry wilderness of the Portes du Soleil? Then check out our Backcountry week.
- 5 full days riding
- Based out of Chamonix
- Transport from Chamonix to the best powder spots will be provided
- Daily location is dependant on snow conditions (all areas covered under the Mont Blanc Unlimited lift pass)
- Price includes accommodation which will be arranged by MINT Snowboarding
- Max 6 people (min 4)
Travelling alone? Not a problem! Our snowboard courses are designed with solo-travellers in mind. They are a great way to progress your snowboarding, learning in a small group with others of the same level… and you will end the week with a bunch of new snowboard friends!
- Group size: Max 6 (Min 4)
- Price: Enquire for further details
- Requirements: Experienced / advanced rider who is confident in all conditions and has off piste & powder experience. A good level of fitness is required. Ideal for riders who have been on our Off-Piste Freeride week or with previous off piste experience.
- Picture gallery: Photos from recent Backcountry Snowboard Courses
- Accommodation: To ensure everybody is ready to go and in the correct location MINT Snowboarding will arrange the accommodation for this week.
- 5 full days backcountry snowboarding with fully qualified BASI ISTD Snowboard instructor / UIAGM Aspirant Guide
- Avalanche awareness, search & rescue refresher on the first day
- Transport to the days location
- Free Goodie Bag
*Safety equipment (transceiver, shovel & probe) is required.
"What a great week! Great riding, great banter, progression, fear, sweat, combat wounds, tree hugging and most importantly powder run after powder run!