Off-Piste Freeride Course – Chamonix
Off Piste Freeride Course – Chamonix
12th – 16th March 2018
New for 2018, join us on our most popular off piste course in Chamonix! It’s time to ride in the infamous Mont Blanc Massif and enjoy all the incredible off piste descents it offers. On the Off Piste Freeride course you will explore the endless possibilities offered by the mountain’s natural terrain. The course is run off piste for the full week, ensuring you enjoy daily adventures into new and untouched terrain.
Chamonix is one of the best resorts in the world for off-piste riding, surrounded by some of the highest peaks in Europe and truly mind blowing mountain views. There are four main ski areas in the vast expanse of the Mont Blanc Massif, each with enough off-piste riding to keep you riding something new every day for a year!
On our Off-Piste Freeride Course we will work with you over 5 days to advance your technical riding ability by teaching you the skills and techniques required to ride off-piste; on natural terrain and in varying snow conditions. We will also teach you the skills needed to approach the backcountry safely & responsibly, and how to analyse both terrain and snowpack to ensure safe ascents and descents. Avalanche search & rescue training is also included.
This course is led by David Gladwin, one of only a handful of professional snowboard instructors to hold the BASI Level 4 ISTD, French Carte Pro and UIAGM Mountain Guide qualification. Dave has the qualifications, knowledge and experience to take you further, deeper and steeper than pretty much anyone else in the world.
This off piste course in Chamonix is designed as a progression from our Technical Performance course, although it is not a compulsory precursor.
For advanced riders our faster paced Backcountry Course is a follow on from our Off-Piste snowboard course. This course takes the adventure further, to more challenging terrain and a focus on epic descents that take a bit more effort to reach.
Day 1: Warm up day with an introduction to off piste snowboard technical riding, mountain safety skills & avalanche training
Day 2: Off-Piste freeride day with a focus on progressing your riding technique across various off piste terrain types and snow conditions
Day 3: Off-Piste freeride day with further development of mountain safety skills and avalanche training
Day 4: Off-Piste freeride day
Day 5: Off-Piste freeride day
Travelling alone? Not a problem! Our snowboard courses are designed with solo-travellers in mind. They are a great way to progress your snowboarding, learning in a small group with others of the same level… and you will end the week with a bunch of new snowboard friends!
- Group size: Max 6 (Min 4)
- Price: 5 full days = 830€
- Requirements: Good intermediate / advanced rider, confident in all conditions and with some off piste & powder experience. A good level of fitness is required.
- Picture gallery: Photos from recent Backcountry Courses and the Feb 2016 Off Piste Freeride course
- Extra info: Check here for any extra info you require on the MINT Snowboard Courses
- Accommodation: Is not included with this course, however we can help you organise this
- 5 full days on snow guiding with fully qualified BASI ISTD Snowboard instructor / UIAGM Mountain Guide
- Video coaching to help analyse your riding and consequently understand how to make appropriate changes
- Avalanche awareness, search & rescue training
- Harness & crampons if needed
*Safety equipment (transceiver, shovel & probe) is required.