The Burton Riglet Park is back on the road and will be at Cairngorm Mountain Resort this weekend. This is the perfect opportunity for kids to experience snowboarding before the winter.
We will be running two sessions on both Saturday 7th and
Sunday 8th the session times are:
Session 1 10am – 12.00pm
Session 2 13.00pm – 15.00pm
The Burton Riglet Park is especially built for kids aged three to six years old and is designed to give them a taste of snowboarding in a fun and easy environment. There will be instructors on hand to help pull kids in the right direction and on average it takes 15 – 20 minutes for them to complete the experience and even win there own Riglet Park Medal! No need to book please just turn up during the above session times. Check out the Facebook event page.
Most importantly participation is FREE!
To see more about what the Burton Riglet Park is about check out this little video:
Cairngorm Mountain Resort will be a full Burton Learn to Ride and Riglet school for this winter so please pop by and see them to get up to date on all snowboard lessons for this winter. Click here for everything that is going on this weekend.
And of course Mint Snowboarding offers Mini-Shred snowboard lessons out in the French ski resorts of Morzine, Avoriaz, Les Gets & Chatel. We use the Burton Riglet equipment and the whole mountain is our playground! We also offer Mini-Shred snowboard holidays, in association with Burton Riglet, in Morzine, France.
Burton, pulling kids in the right direction.
Avoriaz has long since been recognised as an crucial hub to the history and development of snowboarding in Europe. The Avoriaz History Project tells the pioneering story of the evolution of France’s first snowpark in Avoriaz.
The film explores how the early legends of the scene gave rise to a new generation of snowboarders, the world’s first natural snowpark and a multi-million euro tourism industry. Featuring interviews with pro snowboarders of the era Nico Droz, Peter Line and Eddie Wall.
Using a mix of 1980s and ‘90s footage self captured by the riders the film tells the story of how the sheer determination of a unique group of friends literally shapes a snowpark and creates it’s own snowboarding scene recognized throughout the world.
The resort of Avoriaz has continued to inspire creative ideas, such as the Burton Stash and now is home to a whooping 6 snowparks! Long may this continue!
Great work from Reel Fun Media, lets hope they manage to get funding needed to finish this fascinating archive project.
It seems that spring has sprung here in the Portes Du Soleil meaning we are really living up to the name! Don’t worry there is more snow on the cards but whilst the beautiful bluebird days are here we should make the most of them!
Here are a few little pointers to make sure you get out on the slopes, snowboard every day but stay safe!
- Many people think that because there is snow our risk of getting sunburnt is not as high, well have we got news for you! The lovely snow reflects the sun between 70 and 90% depending on how new the snow is. This means it’s really important that we use sunscreen as not only are we getting the UV rays from above but then it is reflecting back up at us from below! If you want to find out what the UV Index for the day is the you can check here for Avoriaz, Morzine, and Les Gets.
- We all love the clean and clear mountain air making us feel fresh and alive, but did you know that because of the altitude we are at in the mountains and the clear air we are exposed to even more UV rays.
- We always advise drinking lots of water when you are going out snowboarding as it’s really easy to become dehydrated which affects you in all kinds of ways (read our blog on nutrition for more information on this!) but it stands to reason that when it’s sunny and warm and you are being active you will really need to replace the fluids your body is losing! Keep hydrated and it means you can shred all day long in the sunshine!
- Just like by the beach or in the towns, the UV rays from the sun are strongest between 10am and 4pm. Now this is likely to be your prime shredding time so make sure you either cover up or use a good sun screen that you can reapply throughout the day.
- Finally, the UV Rays also affect your peepers! Did you know your eyes can get sunburnt too? Yes that’s right, take all those rays from above and reflected rays from below, minus some good goggles or sunglasses and you can actually sunburn the front surface of your eyes. If you have young children it is even more important to protect their eyes as they will be more vulnerable to the UV Rays.
So, we hope that has given you some food for thought as to why you should have a high factor, good quality sun cream and some good eye protection! Now get out there and enjoy the amazing snow in the sunshine!
Here at Mint we want to make sure we are seeing the raddest seasonnaire snowboarders coming from Morzine Avoriaz so decided we wanted to offer some help!
Maybe you want to get to grips with flatland tricks, butters, 180’s, nollies and ollies. Perhaps the half pipe is where your aspirations lie? Or could slaying the rails and boxes be your forte? Whether it’s half pipe, kickers or jibbing the piste we have a weekly offering for you!
Just €40 for a 3 hour session* taking place on Friday afternoons at 1pm in Avoriaz.
- January 17th – Half Pipe
- January 31st – Girls only
- February 7th – Flatland tricks and jibbing the piste
- February 14th – Boxes & Rails
- February 28th – Jumps and spins
Get in touch on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
*Class minimum of 5 and maximum of 7. Full payment must be made within 24 hours of receiving payment request email to confirm your booking.