The Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics is upon us… next week to be exact! Our amazing Team GB athletes have been working super hard to be selected as part of the crew heading out to represent Great Britain over the last 4 years. Our riders include, Jenny Jones, Billy Morgan, Jamie Nicholls, Dom Harrington, Ben Kilner, Aimee Fuller and Zoe Gillings representing us in Slopestyle, Half Pipe and Snowboard Cross. Here at Mint we have much history with some of these guys with some great friendships, memories and fun times snowboarding so it will be a super exciting time!!!
If you are as excited as us then you will want to know where you can take in all the action. The BBC is dedicating a ton of broadcasting time to the coverage so there should be no reason to miss out. Check out the schedule below (all in UK time) and get some early nights in preparation for lots of shouting at the TV in support!
Thursday 6th February
6am – Men’s and Women’s Slopestyle Qualification
Saturday 8th February
5.30am – Men’s Slopestyle Semi-Finals
8.45am – Men’s Slopestyle Final
Sunday 9th February
6.30am – Women’s Slopestyle Semi-Finals
9.15am – Women’s Slopestyle Final
Tuesday 11th February
10.00am – Men’s Halfpipe Qualification
3.00pm – Men’s Halfpipe Semi-Finals
5.30pm – Men’s Halfpipe Final
Wednesday 12th February
10.00am – Women’s Halfpipe Qualification
3.00pm – Women’s Halfpipe Semi-Finals
5.30pm – Women’s Halfpipe Final
Sunday 16th February
7.00am – Women’s Snowboard Cross Qualification
9.15am – Women’s Snowboard Cross Final
Monday 17th February
7.00am – Men’s Snowboard Cross Qualification
9.15am – Men’s Snowboard Cross Final
Good Luck Team GB!!!!
Here at Mint we want to make sure we are seeing the raddest seasonnaire snowboarders coming from Morzine Avoriaz so decided we wanted to offer some help!
Maybe you want to get to grips with flatland tricks, butters, 180’s, nollies and ollies. Perhaps the half pipe is where your aspirations lie? Or could slaying the rails and boxes be your forte? Whether it’s half pipe, kickers or jibbing the piste we have a weekly offering for you!
Just €40 for a 3 hour session* taking place on Friday afternoons at 1pm in Avoriaz.
- January 17th – Half Pipe
- January 31st – Girls only
- February 7th – Flatland tricks and jibbing the piste
- February 14th – Boxes & Rails
- February 28th – Jumps and spins
Get in touch on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
*Class minimum of 5 and maximum of 7. Full payment must be made within 24 hours of receiving payment request email to confirm your booking.
If you want to maintain your relationships we strongly advise that you don’t teach your friends, partners, sister or brothers to snowboard! Apart from the fact that familiarity means that you will be the person they take out their frustrations on you may also pass on ‘bad’ habits you didn’t even know you had.
It’s true that every now and then, instructors do bear the brunt of a client’s frustrations but it generally quickly dissipates and there is no opportunity to carry it on in the pub that night. In the words of one of our very own clients… ‘it just spells disaster’… need we say more.
Read on for our 10 reasons why you should choose lessons over being taught by a friend!
- It is far more inappropriate to get irritated with an instructor if you are feeling frustrated and so take a deep breath and carry on!
- It is not as easy to quit when the going gets tough
- All Mints instructors are qualified to the highest international standard and super experienced across all aspects of snowboarding
- You will be taught how to snowboard following a well thought out and researched teaching system
- The instructor will have a wealth of knowledge and techniques to help you get past annoying niggles
- Learning to snowboard properly from the start will give you the confidence and solid riding skills to progress your riding further
- An instructor won’t give up on you!
- The coaching stays on the mountain and doesn’t follow you home allowing you to take a break and look forward to the next days lesson
- There is a mutual respect between your instructor and you
- Good banter and interesting chat with someone new on the chair lift!!